AND NOW... EASTER FUN FACTS!
(We thought they were fun and the internet said they were facts)
- Americans eat about 16 million jelly beans every Easter.
- "Easter" was named from the Anglo-Saxon goddess Eostre, or Eastre, who was known for spring time celebrations and fertility.
- Giving eggs is a tradition that dates back even farther than Easter.
- Americans purchase 2.6 billion eggs each March.
- 89% of Americans believe the proper way to eat a chocolate Easter bunny is ears first!
- 81% of parents steal candy from their kids' stash.
- 19% of parents lie about not stealing candy from their kids stash.
- 15,873 pounds is the weight of the largest-ever chocolate Easter egg.
- 1.5 billion marshmallow Peeps will be given for Easter, which means 1.4 billion marshmallow Peeps will be thrown away the day after Easter.
- Easter is the second-best holiday for candy retailers (I think you all can guess the first-best holiday for candy. If you can't, come in and ask us).
Be sure to make your online reservation today and Don't Forget to stop by Fontana Nissan for HUGE savings this Easter!