"This latest Pathfinder is designed to be everything customers want in a family adventure vehicle," said Michael Bunce, vice president, product planning, Nissan North America. "Pathfinder delivers a safe and secure driving experience that is now augmented with our Nissan Safety Shield suite of technologies."
The 2017 Pathfinder's advanced driver assistance technology includes new Forward Emergency Braking and Intelligent Cruise Control. For 2017, Moving Object Detection has been added to the available Around View® Monitor. Also available are Blind Spot Warning and Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
Pathfinder is offered in either 2WD or 4WD configurations. Standard safety and security features include:
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System with dual-stage front supplemental air bags with seat belt sensors and occupant classification sensor,
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side-impact air bags,
- Roof-mounted supplemental curtain air bags for side impact and rollover head protection for outboard passengers in all three rows (includes rollover sensor),
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) – 2nd row outboard seating positions only,
- Child safety rear door locks,
- Vehicle Dynamic Control and Traction Control System.